KD2FW (KD2 Framework) is a collection of tools and libraries developed for the KD2.org projects over the years.
- Code is simple and straightforward to read
- Simple API
- Easy to extend and adapt to own needs
- No extra dependency, you don't have to install any other library to use it
- Each component can be used outside the framework, there is no internal dependency
- PHP 5.4+ object code
- Components comes with full documentation, examples and tests
This framework is used for a couple of websites serving millions of web pages each day.
WARNING: there is currently no release cycle of kd2fw, all components are considered stable, and no backward-incompatible changes should be made.
See the Roadmap for planned features.
PHP Components (version 1.0)
- BubbleBabble: encodes and decodes using the Bubble Babble binary data encoding. Much like base64 but makes actually pronounceable pseudo-words.
- CacheCookie: stores session data in a cookie (using MsgPack if available or JSON as a fallback), without using session files. For MsgPack you can use this pure PHP implementation but the PECL module "msgpack" is much faster.
- DB: abstraction layer to PDO with useful helper methods
- Delta: to compute and apply deltas between two revisions of the same file (PHP port of Fossil delta algorithm). Allows to store only differences between two edits of a text, may be useful for example in CVS or a Wiki.
- ErrorManager: error and exception handler with dev/prod mode, email reporting and more, like a lightweight version of Nette Tracy
- FeedParser: parses RSS and ATOM feeds, any version, even if they are invalid XML
- HTMLDocument: DOMDocument/DOMNode wrapper that adds support for querySelector/querySelectorAll methods (easy to use CSS selectors, internally transformed to XPath queries, so it is quite fast)
- Image2: a simple and fast image library providing resize, image informations and image thumbnail through EPEG (JPEG only), ExactImage, GD, ImageMagick or ImLib (will use the fastest available option).
- Image_EXIF: deals with EXIF data from JPEG files
- Karto: mapping/GPS tools
- Mail_Message: parser/writer of email MIME messages (with support for MIME encoded messages and attachments)
- MemCache: memory cache wrapper (APCu, XCache, Opcache, etc.)
- MikroMarkupBBCode: fast and lightweight BBcode parser/renderer for HTML
- MiniSkel: template-based programming language compatible with the SPIP CMS
- Mustachier: lightweight template engine based on Mustache
- QRCode: generates QR codes
- Security: common security functions, including anti CSRF tokens
- Security_OTP: secure one time password generator/verifier, compatible with TOTP/HOTP and Google Authenticator
- Session: a basic PHP session manager that can be set to be non-blocking.
- SimpleDiff: to compute a text diff between two versions of a string (+patch utility)
- Singleton: used to make singleton classes.
- SkrivLite: implementation of the Skriv Markup Language (inspired by Creole and Markdown).
- Smartyer: fast and lightweight template engine, mostly compatible with Smarty / Template_Lite.
- SMTP: send emails using SMTP (supports SMTH AUTH and TLS).
- SVGPie: renders a pie chart in SVG
- SVGPlot: renders a plot chart in SVG
- Translate: platform independent gettext replacement, parses Gettext MO and PO files, optional memory cache
- XML_RPC_Server: a XML/RPC server using PHP XML/RPC extension
- Text editor: extends textareas with tools to select, insert or replace content, with support for keyboard shortcuts.
- Code editor: built on Text editor, it provides an easy to use browser code editor including: common keyboard shortcuts, search, search and replace, go to line, fullscreen editing, indentation, brackets/parenthesis matching, line counter, and more.
- Karto (alpha): Mapping/GPS tools (Mercator projection)
- XHR.js: micro XmlHttpRequest library (less than 500 bytes minified)